With some 300 buildings, 39,500 students and 250,000 living alumni, and a reputation for excellence that reaches around the globe, McGill has carved out a spot among the world's greatest universities.
In sum, McGill is one of Canada's best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading research-intensive universities in the world. With 24% of our students coming to McGill from more than 150 countries, our student body is the most internationally diverse medical-doctoral university in the country. Our top-notch internship programs places students across the globe, and our alumni live in more than 180 countries worldwide.
McGill counts ten Nobel Prize-winners among its faculty and alumni—the most of any Canadian university—whose contributions include the technology behind digital cameras, the discovery of how the human body protects its genetic code, the theory of electron transfer, groundbreaking work on visual perception, hormones and particle interaction and the discovery of dendritic cells, with their immune signaling pathways that control and drive the immune response.
At McGill, they know the importance of attracting the best and brightest: from their students to their researchers to their employees. That’s why they do all that we can to ensure that McGill is a place where everyone thrives, and they’re proud to say their efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. Recently, they have again been named one of Montreal's Top Employers for 2015.
- For approximate living expenses for you as a future student, please visit the McGill's website and see their charts: http://www.mcgill.ca/studentaid/finances/cost
|Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant||9.19 $||
|Meal for 2, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course||38.28 $||
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)||6.89 $||
|Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught)||4.21 $||
|Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle)||4.59 $||
|Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle)||1.42 $||
|Water (0.33 liter bottle)||0.98 $||
|Milk (regular), (1 liter)||1.73 $||
|Bread (500g)||2.34 $||
|Chicken Breasts (1kg)||10.05 $||
|Apples (1kg)||2.69 $||
|Potato (1kg)||1.45 $||
|Water (1.5 liter bottle)||1.28 $||
|Bottle of Wine (Mid-Range)||11.48 $||
|Domestic Beer (0.5 liter bottle)||1.48 $||
|Pack of Cigarettes (Marlboro)||7.78 $||
|One-way Ticket (Local Transport)||2.49 $||
|Monthly Pass (Regular Price)||62.78 $||
|Taxi Start (Normal Tariff)||2.68 $||
|Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff)||1.30 $||
|Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff)||28.94 $|
1.) University Housing
- The McGill housing website is a one-stop shop for everything you need to know about student housing both on campus and off. Whether you are a prospective student hoping to find out more about Undergraduate, Graduate, or Macdonald campus residences, or an upper year student looking for information about Off-Campus Housing or Student Academic Staff positions, you can find it within these pages.
- UNDERGRADUATE DOWNTOWN RESIDENCES:
- Carrefour Sherbrooke (http://bit.ly/1HKAb97)
- Two short blocks east of McGill campus, Carrefour Sherbrooke provides students quick and easy access to the rest of the residence community, McGill, and Montreal.
- Housing over 300 undergraduate students in double rooms, this former Four-Points hotel has private bathrooms in all rooms as well as queen sized beds.
- Given the convenient location and comfortable rooms, this is a great place for first year students to call home and develop friendships that will last a lifetime.
La Citadelle (http://bit.ly/1N6SNbp)
- Situated in the center of the downtown area, La Citadelle is a brand new, fully renovated, hotel style residence building that opened its doors for move-in weekend of 2012. La Citadelle is located two blocks east of McGill campus
- All student rooms are fully furnished and include private bathrooms, air conditioning, and a flatscreen TV. In addition to the shared kitchen, students in La Citadelle enjoy a large common area on the first floor and a quiet study room, both surrounded by windows.
- Bishop Mountain Hall residences (http://bit.ly/1Nubxii)
- Beautiful Mount Royal Park provides the backdrop for these residence halls, located just north of McGill's main campus. Constructed in 1962, McConnell, Molson and Gardner Halls join Douglas Hall to bring together over 800 students in one neighbourhood
- This ideal location, referred to as “Upper Rez,” leaves the commotion of urban Montreal behind, providing privacy and a genuine feeling of community amongst residents.
=> Fees & Applying to McGill Residence
- See more details about the applciation process for residence accommodation and necessary contacts at: http://www.mcgill.ca/students/housing/fees-applying
2. GRADUATE DOWNTOWN HOUSING
- McGill University offers two main types of graduate student housing on its stunning downtown campus: single bedrooms in shared-facilities houses and single occupancy apartments.
3643 University: A small, 7 unit apartment building tucked away behind the Student Housing Office, 3643 University houses students in one-bedroom apartments and has a communal, house-like feel
- 501 des Pins: This small building offers 4 studios, one three-bedroom suite, and is located right next to the athletics complex
- 3481 University Street - Rexford Hall: This building offers an entrance foyer, a staircase, hallways, laundry rooms, and storage lockers (one per apartment)
See more about these and other housing facilities for in-coming graduate students at: http://bit.ly/1Mrs4Gs
2.) Prices for Private Accommodation
|Rent Per Month||Avg.||Range|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre||721.87 $||
|Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre||503.53 $||
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre||1,343.17 $||
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre||835.47 $|
Ara ve başvur!