From the very beginning the Business School integrated theoretical exploration with practical activity and the study of western and eastern languages, so as to provide students with a complete education in economics and business.
During the twentieth century the School progressively increased its educational and cultural activity, thus becoming an important reference point in the area.
In 1919, having survived the storm of the First World War and after the temporary transfer to Pisa, Ca’ Foscari was authorised by law to extend its three-year programmes with a fourth year of study.
Nine years later the School came under the authority of the National Ministry of Education (which corresponds to the current Ministry of Education, University and Research) and in 1934 the title of School Director was replaced by that of Rector. Then in 1935, with the birth of the Faculty of Economics and Business, the school became a fully-fledged State University, while the following year it received official authorisation to issue Degrees in Modern Languages and Literatures.
Even during the Second World War Ca’ Foscari continued its activity without interruption, helped by the fact that the historical centre of Venice was spared from the bombing. Then in 1954, the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures was established (the first in Italy), while in 1969 the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Chemistry were born, after the university attained legal status.
For detailed information please visit:
single room: € 300-400 (per month)
excluding bills double room: € 200-250 (per month) excluding bills
Search and apply!